Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving


We had a great Thanksgiving weekend!!!

We left right after school on Wednesday and made our trek to Hillsboro. We arrived early enough for a visit that evening. Then the girls hopped into the bunk beds in "their" room at grandma and grandpa's.

Up early on turkey day... Tony's mom, Patty, had the bird in and the comforting aromas were wafting around the house as we rose. The girls played and played and played. Aunt Amy, Uncle Matt, Paul, Zorah, and baby Chloe joined the fun about 11:00. My mom, Patti, and her friend arrived at 1:00 and we commensed eating A LOT!!! My favorite was the stuffing and I never love stuffing, but it was really yummy (no "secret" ingredients). Kyndra ate all her pumpkin pie except "the bread".

Tony and his parents watched the newest Die Hard movie that evening. Die Hard movies are part of the Nelson family traditions... I love traditions, really, I can't get enough. I spent over an hour reviewing "the adds" from the paper.

Tony's mom and I did venture out doll shopping on Friday at Stella's Doll Shop in downtown Beaverton. It is a quaint little shop with amazing dolls, as well as some pretty scary looking creations. Sometimes when doll makers are going for lifelike they end up looking like Chucky. Patty picked out some fun Christmas presents that are going to make the girls light up... I can't wait.

Friday evening we went to Portland International Raceway... they line the entire track with Christmas light displays and give you a Christmas CD to blare when you drive through. Grandma, Grandpa, the kids, and I rode in the back of the pick-up. Kylee's favorite was the dinosaur display. We ate dinner that night at Papa's Pizza, a fabulous place with a massive indoor play area... We need one in Pendleton.

Saturday... Tony and I pretty much completed our Christmas shopping... we even braved Toys R Us. We ate breakfast at I-Hop and lunch at Baja Fresh, dining doesn't get any finer in our book. Grandma Patty and the girls were sort of baking all day. Kyndra was feeling pretty puny on the couch. She spent most of the day fighting a fever and watching The Grinch.

Sunday included church, laundry, packing, Kyndra's premiere viewing of Home Alone, lunch from Baja Fresh, driving, puking in a coffee can (Kyndra), quick in and out at the outlet mall, chicken noodle soup, and bed.

2 comments:

Stacy B said...

Sounds like a full weekend, and not just for your tummies. I wish I could have been shopping with you, it is no fun doing it alone. I am so jealous you ate at Baja Fresh. That place so sooo good! I loved reading about your family traditions, thanks for sharing.

Ronda said...

Wow Athena! What a weekend! Love that your family is steeped in traditions. And you completed your christmas shopping...in a real town with real stores! Loved reading about your weekend. Thanks.