Thursday, November 15, 2007

Eye of the Tiger

Today started out great!!! When my radio alarm clock went off it was playing Eye of the Tiger. Music always brings me to a state of nostalgia. In college I was an early riser, so I watched movies while I waited for my roommates to wake up. I usually, 99% of the time, watched a selection from my Rocky boxed set. Occasionally I watched Forrest Gump, but mostly just Rocky. I never got sick of it. I really don't know the attraction for me at that time of my life. I think it was the underdog factor. I would often belt out Eye of the Tiger during the movie or just when we were rockin' out at our house. My roommates loved it... I'm sure :)

Wait there's more... It was during my Rocky fascination that I met Tony. Our first outing, not quite a date, was a drive to Salem to find the sheet music for Eye of the Tiger. There was, and still is, a couple words I am not sure of, but it didn't stop me. I don't even play an instrument. Unfortunately we didn't find the sheet music, but I did end up with a great husband.

Other underdog movies I like... Rudy, Mystery Alaska, The Rookie, and Remember the Titans.

House Update... We have footings and a bunch of rebar sticking up where the foundation will be. I am guessing the forms will go up tomorrow and the concrete will be poured on Monday. Last week we were delayed, because the concrete guy was sick. I hadn't really planned on anybody getting sick. I also hadn't planned on gale force winds on Monday which also sent the workers running for cover. Today, as I was leaving the art center I caught the concrete guys... our concrete guys... putting in a sidewalk at the First Christian Church. They are lucky they were working on holy grounds. I was considering a confrontation about their moonlighting. You all know, I'm always looking for a good verbal scuffle (ha ha). I held back since I had my entire class with me. I will continue to pray for patience :)

4 comments:

Stacy B said...

oh oh I know a prayer! :) The one and only prayer I have memorized is the Serenity Prayer. It applies universally to all situations.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Love the Eye of the Tiger story.

Anne said...

I DIDN'T know all the details of your Rocky facination. Maybe that's why you are such a fighter? :-) Watch out concrete guys! Also...little known fact...my first official date was to a Rocky movie. It was a double date...no kiss at the end. Also, I have NO idea which Rocky it was. Sorry, Rocky never caught my attention. Yo, Athena... :-)

Lindsay said...

Great post!! Totally humming the Eye of the Tiger in my head now. :)

Keep saying that prayer... it calms the spirit, keeps your head focused and seems to fix things instantly!

Blessings to you as you enjoy the weekend!!

Taunya said...

I started to crack up the instant I saw the title "Eye of the Tiger"! It was such a fun time in our lives. Sometimes I wish we could still sleep with our beds in a "L" shape like we did then.

Contractors... I had a huge problem with them working on more than one job at a time too. You should be their priority!!

:)