Wednesday, November 7, 2007

It worked!!

Yeah, now I am officially a blogger. I do think this is going to be the ticket for me. I have a stack of journals with only a handful of entries and too too many special people in my life who I don't keep in close enough contact. Blogging, I feel, is the answer to these dilemas. I am also hoping to vent, record, and express gratitude for this house building process we are involved in.

While frustrating most of the time I remain completely in awe that we are building a home. I hardly feel like a grown up most days, so this is quite surreal for me. From here on out I will affectionately refer to all people involved in this ordeal as __________ guys; concrete guys, framing guys, water guys, etc. Except of course for our contractor who my girls like to call Tim the Builder. The concrete guys have all the forms in place and plan on pouring by Friday... that is if the city guys come do an inspection (not the favorite guys, so far).

Tony just went back to working nights. We are in our adjustment period... all is well so far. The girls have less daycare, but on those days I am all on my own in the morning. Planning Planning Planning... everything must be carefully arranged. Thank goodness for automatic starting coffee makers.

We had french toast for dinner... you know what that means... NO FOOD. We are scraping trying to stretch the grocery money. Kyndra and I over spent this weekend when we went to Portland to see Disney Princesses on Ice. I don't care if it means french toast and Top Ramen all week. Those experiences are priceless. The look on her face and the gasp in her voice during the performance brought me more joy than she will ever know. Those are mommy dreams come true.

Kylee is currently referring to herself in third person. Kylee tired, Kylee thirsty, Kylee cute, Kylee good girl... although today she might have mentioned Kylee crabby (seriously).

2 comments:

AmyP said...

Athena-Thanks for sharing your page with me. I can't wait to read more.
Amy

Ronda said...

You will be very glad that you are blogging! Looking back over some of the "old" posts helps to keep things in perspective.

So glad that you were able to have a mommy dream come true! Priceless.