Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Retirement...

Today is a monumental day for me. My definition of ulitmate comfort is a gray hooded sweatshirt. My affair with gray hoodies started in college when I stole my boy roommates plain, gray, kangaroo pouch, oversized sweatshirt. I wore it everytime it was clean and did so for five years. I finally retired it in 2002 when I was pregnant with Kyndra... only because J.C. Penney's was having a sale on, you guessed it, gray hooded sweatshirts. I have now worn that Russell sweatshirt for five years and yes it was time, while I was struggling, to shop for my new comfort clothing. I guess Tony sensed my distress because when I came home this was sitting on my bed...

6 comments:

Anne said...

I now EXPECT you will join me on the sidelines for PHS games. Think of all the smores, tears, ketchup, etc that will grace the sleeves, front pocket,...ah, it is initiation time baby!

Nelson's Nest said...

I am a sitter you know :) I'll be there baby!!!

Ronda said...

Awww, what a guy! I hear you about sweatshirts! Love them!! Can I give Tony my order? No pink tho! :)

AmyP said...

How sweet was that! I love that sweatshirt. Go lady bucks!

Amy

Taunya said...

The infamous hooded grey sweatshirt... I'm glad you wrote about it. Funny, funny! Way to go Tony!
:)

Hermistonteacher said...

Here's to grey hooded sweatshirts, college roommates and a guy named Dan!!!
I haven't given up mine yet.
Tiffany