Monday, February 9, 2009

A Rough One...

It has been quite a rough afternoon to say the least. LOTS and LOTS of tears and time outs... for all three of the girls in our home. One dinner nearly too late for the one blue-suited, tin-badged boy in our house who asks for little more than a meal during his 12 plus hour work day. One bite of dinner the youngest member (and most stubborn) of our family held in her mouth for twenty minutes. I won't tell you how we finally got it down, but it consisted of turning it into smaller portions. A long list of Valentines to complete and homework we forgot over the weekend and a huge pile of laundry are looming over my head.
So what am I doing... checking blogs, realizing it is quiet, and wondering what those two are up to. I am going, camera in hand, to check it out.


And so I found them, playing in their bathroom, happy as clams, as if there had been no drama at all this evening.


"Hi mama, we're playing in here," said the little one. "I see that," I reply with a smile, "I see that."










Kylee is lost in the land of Polly Pocket and Kyndra finished up a lovely game of dinosaur husband and wife. She is now seated at the table quietly doing her homework and I am off to tackle the laundry. The Valentines can wait yet another day. We have to make sure we have cuddle time on the couch :) with a good book or two.
Okay, so I'm not crabby anymore...blogging is good for the soul!!!

3 comments:

Mrs. G said...

Blogging is good for the soul! I think there is something in the air because my students have been so crabby and mean to each other this week and last! I am ready to pull my hair out by the end of the day. I'm glad you're evening mellowed out!

Anne said...

Isn't it refreshing to have 'quiet' to surprise you in a good way. Sometimes 'quiet' can be really scary!!!!

Lindsay said...

sounds like {rough} mommy/child moments are happening all around ... glad I'm not alone :)

Love the photos of your girls playing together :)