Thursday, February 5, 2009

Birds & Words...

This weekend I discovered an adorable blue bird at Target. I was drawn to the bird just as I was drawn to Lindsay's beautiful nest photo (see amazing banner that will likely remain for years to come... Thank You Lindsay). Something about birds makes me smile and so I decided I am going to collect birds. Tony meekly asked if our house was going to be covered in birds like one may have discovered in my Grandma's home. I told him not to worry. I'm going for the slightly abstract bird and I won't go CRAZY in a feather fetish. The second decor I have been drawn to are words just as I am drawn to the words of my blogging friends. These two things make me smile and I am so happy to declare that I am finally collecting something. I have been searching for just such a signature for a long time.























4 comments:

Anne said...

I love both birds. I dare you to tell kids at school that you are collecting something. :-) You could have an entire bird room. I am on the lookout now.

Stacy B said...

The plates are just awesome. Did you put the sayings on them? Your home is going to be such a warm nest with your collections. Nice choice.

Taunya said...

Those birds are too cute! I really like them both. A bird theme... Now I have something be on the lookout for. I already have a card in my mind to make you!
:)

Lindsay said...

Your home is so, so inviting ... the next time I just drop by unannounced ... maybe I'll take a look around :)