Monday, November 16, 2009

Thankful Series...

I am going to start my first blog series (well, maybe second). I wanted to blog each day next week about the things in life that I am thankful for, but I realized that one of those things would be that the girls and I will be gone to visit my family. And, so it begins now and everyday until we depart that I will focus on all the many, many things in life that I am thankful for.

Which are...

~My dear friend Taunya who will no longer have much time to read this blog, as she is the proud mother of twin boys. Alec William and Blake Anthony joined us on Taunya's birthday, November 7th. They are little, but doing well. I am completely overjoyed for my friends. I seriously think Taunya may have been a little sick of me forgetting her birthday, so she just had to give birth on that day. Now if I forget I will really feel bad.

~The upcoming trip that the girls and I are taking to see my mom and dad. We are staying in a hotel in a town near where they both live. We are going to make ourselves completely available to visit with just them. I have no idea what those three nights and four days will include and that is the beauty of it. As necessasary, I have no expectations. In the very least we will swim in the pool, jump on the bed, eat happy meals, and shop at the second hand stores that I used to go to with my grandma (gulp, a few tears at that thought). In my greatest hopes, my girls will get to spend some quality time with my mom and dad. They will get to better know these two little angels that we are blessed with.

~The wonderful essays my students are working on about what they are thankful for... and our upcoming feast on Friday. I was nervous to pull off a feast on my own (minus my six year teaching partner who has moved on to snottier noses aka. first graders), but I think it just may be wonderful. I am learning not to underestimate myself.

~My star student of the week's photo montage that was the talk of the class. She, that would be my friend Grace, was beaming as her classmates admired her pictures (thanks Anne). There was laughter, conversation, and most importantly a huge smile on Grace's face as her friends gathered 'round her pictures. It melted my heart.

~Our new bed that will be delivered tomorrow. I feel that we have come full circle as our current bed was our first "big" purchase together. It was such a huge deal all of those eleven years ago. And now we are starting over, this time with a head and foot board as well as a pillowtop... ahh!!! Dreamy!!! Best of all, our old bed that really isn't awful is going to a single mom with four little boys who is starting from scratch... total and complete scratch.

~Our dinner tonight of ham leftover from the church breakfast, scalloped potatoes from a box (I know that probably mortifies some people... sorry), mini pancakes (not from a box) and scrambled eggs (from a chicken). Kyndra hardly took a breath as she was so excited about dinner. Really it is those $1.13 per person dinners that really pack the most bang.

~The fact that my wonderful husband is going to Kyndra's class tomorrow to pick up fence that needs to be cut. I am not exactly positive what the fence is for at this point. I am sure it is the construction paper variety, but nonetheless I LOVE that he is willing to help and be present. I really struggle with not being present and truly appreciate his efforts.

More to come tomorrow and the next day and the next day...

I would love to know what everyone is thankful for these days :)

1 comment:

Anne said...

Tears from top to bottom...thankful tears, tears of joy, tears that warm my heart. Know that you are among many people's lists of gratitude. I love this time of year when regardless of the state of the nation, or even my own house, that I am reminded daily to be thankful for all that I have. Thank you for blessing my family.