Saturday, December 20, 2008

Cause & Effect...

One of my least favorite lessons to teach in reading is cause and effect, but I was feeling it as a theme as I wondered around my house this morning...


Cause:
Effect:
This chair is one of MANY items that has fallen prey to Jazmyn the dog, as she has been stuck in the house the past few days.


Cause:



Effect: Happy tummies, grins, and giggles!


Cause:
Effect: Complete frustration, as I am loosing the battle of the socks!


Cause: Kyndra no longer sucks her thumb at ALL!
Effect: Slightly less orthodontia in her future (wishful thinking) and the feeling of being that much more grown up.


Cause: Tonight being Kylee's last night with a pacifier (so we say). The plan is to give most of them to the baby in Amy's tummy and one to baby Jesus.
Effect: Fear on mine and Tony's part.


Cause:


Effect: Warm hearts and fond memories.
Effect #2: Tears for three Oregon law enforcement families who only get to see their daddy in the hospital or at a cemetery this holiday season.


Overall Effect of Today's Lesson: Feeling blessed that the worst of our problems are lost and mismatched socks, a few chewed up messes, and the ending of the thumb and pacifier era. Feeling overwhelming gratitude.

4 comments:

Stacy B said...

Cause: sitting down at lunch catching up on a few blogs.

Effect: a warm heart and smile on my face.

This is a fun post, Athena. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Taunya said...

I like this post.
:)

Anne said...

The end of the day worries can be put in such perspective when you imagine what others are facing this holiday season. We are all blessed with our families and our health and for that I am thankful.

Lindsay said...

I love Stacy's comment!! :)

Merry Christmas Nelsons!!