Friday, December 19, 2008

Beauty Tips For The Holidays...

Last weekend our little family enjoyed the living Nativity in park. We walked it for the first time and while I had dreaded getting out of our warm car into the snowy, chilly air I felt so blessed that we did. We have driven it many many times, but walking was an entirely different experience. It truly felt like we were in one of the Nativity story books we have been reading to the girls.

There was a little excitement when a lamb departed Bethlehem and made her way a block down the road... never fear she did make her way back to the manger.

I was proud of my husband that night as we arrived and he saw his "guys" standing in the cold directing traffic he turned to me and said wait here. He ran over and got them some hot coffee at the gas station. Tony is always looking for little ways to show them how much he appreciates their efforts. Directly telling them is a smidge difficult for him, so whenever he can pamper them a little, he does.

One of my ex-students, who had been quite troubled as a second grader, was handing out fliers as we began our walk. He seemed so happy to be a part of this spectacular event. It warmed my heart. Anyway, the purple flier has been sitting by my computer ever since that night, because I thought there was such a sweet message typed on the back. I wanted to share it...

Beauty Tips For The Holidays
For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run his/her fingers through it at least once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.
People, even more than things, need to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of your arms. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself, and one for helping others.

2 comments:

Anne said...

I am so glad you took that flier and shared it here. I had my hand buried in my borrowed coat to take one. I love what it said.

Tony can pull off a 'tough guy' persona...but we all know kindness and goodness drives him.

Lindsay said...

LOVE THIS ... THANK YOU for sharing!!

I think I may just have to post this on my bathroom mirror ... and in my car... and on my computer at school ... and ... and ... :)

Happy Weekend Athena!