Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Kylee's Third, Third Birthday...

The last hurrah for Kylee's birthday came in the form of a fun trip to Seattle. Our family met up with the Pitners. As soon as we arrived the boys and girls split. The boys took in the Notre Dame vs. Washington game, which the Fighting Irish dominated. The girls headed to the Cheesecake Factory for a yummy dinner and then journeyed to The Paramount Theater to watch The Backyardigans, A Knight's Tale. Both parties enjoyed the entertainment. Kylee loved the huge, huge, huge, huge, huge, huge dragon (it wasn't even really that big, but she has repeatedly described him this way).

The next morning, following an excellent continental breakfast, we went to REI. You know the REI mothership, as Tony calls it, is in Seattle... conveniently located a block from our hotel. We picked up a couple of pairs of rubber boots for the girls. We ventured to a huge (seriously large) park for a hike to the beach. Kyndra hiked three miles. Kylee made the trip on her dad's back. It was a simply beautiful weekend!





3 comments:

Anne said...

Wow, the girls are both 'officially' ahead of me on miles. Yikes...that just reminded me that I have got to get a going on the walking before I have bad weather to blame for not walking. Sounds like fun. I wish I had me some cheesecake about now.

Stacy B said...

Perfect, just perfect (especially the REI part!). Happy birthday Kylee! Great friends, great weather, great food...what more could you ask for?

Lindsay said...

I love your new title!
I love the look!
I have a nest photo for you coming next week!

and I love that she gets birthday after birthday after birthday!!

Happy Halloween!!