Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween...

We have begun our first holiday season in our new home and we are so excited to embark on new traditions that will last the duration of our girls' young lives. I realized that yesterday as Tony and I were talking about Halloweens past. I was talking about the sadness of our first homegrown pumpkins being smashed by neighborhood naughties and I kept referring to it as last year. Tony finally said, "Athena, we were living in a trailer last Halloween." I had totally forgotten, not that it was bad at all, there just weren't any fond holiday memories in the trailer. It was a year in limbo of our life as it is to be here at Nelson's Nest (lovin' it).

Building a home and creating a slew of new expenses on the brink of an economic crisis has felt a little scary, but I am grateful that this year we are truly going to focus on the reasons for the season. Things have to shift for everyone and I am looking forward to humble holidays. I am thankful that our children are young as we are given this lesson of "not overdoing it", which we have done in the past. We are truly blessed with our shared faith and family to see us through.

Enough of the serious stuff :)
Halloween pics of the year...

New candy dish...

Nights of carving pumpkins in our dining room...



Preparing and posing for the evening travels...


3 comments:

Anne said...

The Sokoloski's love to come hang in your new Nest. It is a home, that is sure. A home where you can always be welcome and where you are wrapped in warm blessings of family. We look forward to helping build traditions as part of your family!

Lindsay said...

What a GREAT post! I look forward to reading/seeing (and maybe someday actually visiting in person) your NEST!

I love the name... have I told you that?? :)

Anyway - Praying that November is full of blessings, love and peace!!

Stacy B said...

That is the cutest clown I have ever seen! Your new home looks so inviting like a wonderful nest for your family. I'm glad you were able to spend this Halloween in it together.