Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lion and the Lamb...

Kylee's favorite thing to talk about right now is... herself. She is just as egocentric as she should be for an almost three year old. She always says to me, "Mommy tell me my favorites." Which means ask her about her favorite things. I go through the list quite often... favorite color, favorite story, favorite food, and so on. I asked her the other day what her favorite animal is and she first answered lion, but quickly followed up with lamb. "Yes, that's it," she said, "lions and lambs are my favorites." I wanted to remember this because this is just so fitting of my youngest, most spirited child. In any given time frame we can have Kylee the lamb... sweet, cuddly, easy to please and then the switch to Kylee the lion... I don't know how else to say it other than EXTREMELY crabby, demonstrative in her words, voice, and actions, and by no means easy to please. I know this is a phase and it too shall pass. I'm going to call it the lion and the lamb phase. Kylee is teaching me all sorts of patience and resourcefulness. I know she is making me become a better mom and I love her to pieces whether she is wearing fur or wool.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Oh my goodness. Yes, that surely describes her! And the lion and lamb phase sure has a nice ring to it. Especially since lions are so noble and mighty and all. I am sure the actions/reactions of this phase will pass, though I'm thinking Lion/Lamb may just be her in her make up.

Lindsay said...

That picture says it all!

May her gentle spirit balance the "lion" in her... if only we all had a little of each :)

** Great comment by Anne about being noble and mighty!! Who wouldn't want those words to define them?!