Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Very Good Day...

Last night was a worrisome, sleepless, taped Oprah at 2:00 a.m. , trying to pray (which I am still not very good at) type of night. Today started out as a frustrated, teary, high anxiety type of day, but it didn't end that way. I wasn't hopeful. I wanted to stay in bed and hide, but I didn't. I crawled in the truck with Tony and the girls and went to The Bike Pit in Pilot Rock. We joined up with the Pitners there and had a really nice time. Riding four-wheelers is something we all really enjoy and did so today for two hours. We were super hungry so we found the nearest burger joint in the big town of Pilot Rock, Blue Mountain Cafe. It was just our families with four little girls and a few locals looking on with smiles. It was PERFECT. Comfort food at its finest. I savored every bite of my burger with a grilled bun, tater tots with thousand island dressing, and a monster Diet Coke in one of those big red plastic Coke tumblers with a bright pink straw. I was certainly almost totally done with my pity party and lucky for me the day just kept getting sweeter. The neighbor girls came over for the evening and we had lots and lots of giggles. We had two pizzas... one we cooked from Papa Murphy's that flew through the air into Tony's arms for a catch attempt with a final landing partially on the floor and partially on the oven door... never fear we ordered another from Pizza Hut and were dining in only thirty five short minutes. We colored the night away. Really is there anything more theraputic than opening a new box of 24 Crayolas and going to town with little girls who are thrilled to be sitting and coloring with you. Next, we decorated cupcakes with completely free creative license. I got to sit at the kitchen table and visit with my friends while the girls played (a vision I held onto as we were living in the trailer waiting for our home). We ended the evening with a viewing of Alvin and the Chipmunks. If that isn't a complete turn around I don't know what is... it was perfect for me anyway. I am feeling a much better nights sleep coming on. I feel myself letting go of things not in my control.















3 comments:

Anne said...

I am so happy for the turn around. Keep those warm and fuzzy feelings and hold on tight! One of my favorite parts of 'you' is the ability to always find the goodness...the glass is always half full!

Taunya said...

I'm glad your day turned around. What were you worrying about? How come you didn't call me!
:)

Lindsay said...

Praying that your week is worry free and full of things that make each day a "very good" day!