Sunday, September 14, 2008

Life In Movie & T.V. Genres...

I was laying in bed the other night thinking... if my life were a movie or TV show what genre would it be? My mind was leaning towards romantic comedy, but I don't think that necessarily matches life with a two and five year old. I am definitely married to sports/action/adventure, but I seriously do not match that bill. We are certainly not 50s, 60s, or 70s family sitcom (Leave it to Beaver, Brady Bunch, and the likes). I love sports underdog movies and family dramas, but we really don't fall into those categories either. I guess you could find us on the Hallmark Channel or Lifetime just living through the ups and downs. We would be pretty clean cut appropriate for children programming. Tony gets a little more PG or R-rated at work obviously. I tend to lean towards the talk show genre when I get overly focused (worried) on a topic and can't quite let it go... parenting, underprivileged, abused animals, or whatever the topic for the day may be. What a change from the days when life more resembled an episode of Friends or Seinfeld. I wouldn't trade my low key, over by nine family flick for anything in the world and lately I have settled quite nicely into the fact that I am no June Cleaver or Carol Brady. I am also extremely grateful that we aren't living a drama or soap opera.

What would your promotional poster read???

Movie Genres
Action
Animated & Childrens
Comedy
Classic
Crime
Documentary
Drama
Family
Fantasy
Foreign
Horror
Musicals
Romance & Chick Flicks
Sci-Fi
Sports
Suspense
Teen
War
Western & Cowboy

TV Genres
The Police/ Detective/Lawyer Show
Cartoons
Game Show
Talk Show
Variety Show
The TV Western
Medical Melodrama
Science Fiction and Fantasy TV
Situation Comedy
The Soap Opera
The American Made-for-TV Movie
Docudrama
Television News

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

hmmmm....

probably some western family drama (today's Little House on the Prairie) ... with some comedy too!

Anne said...

Gotta think on this one... I'm sure there is one out there that fits our bill...t.b.a. I'm just wishing the writers could go on strike again for about 3 days and I could just snuggle in for a nap.

Stacy B said...

This is a hard one. Cartoon maybe...I could be Wilma Flinstone.

Anne said...

We've got it figured out...Marc is Tim the Tool Man Taylor! Over all though we are Everybody Loves Raymond. Debra is wound a little tight sometimes...a bit sarcastic...the family is fun and they get through the tough spots using humor.