Sunday, May 4, 2008

Newest Member of the Nelson Family...

We are pleased to introduce our little princess Jazmyn...






The girls and I hopped in the car Friday right after work, drove to grandma and grandpa's in Hillsboro, and snuggled in for the night. We got up the next morning to begin the quest for a pup. We were planning on picking up an older pup from my mom, but that didn't quite work out. I opened the classifieds, made one call, climbed in Grandpa Bill's pick-up, and drove to Clackamas. First one black female was pulled from the box... nope not the one, then another little girl... nope not the one, and lastly out came "THE ONE". The girls named her Jazmyn. We knew we wanted a Disney name, since it is the year of Disney for us. Grandma Patty was playing a Disney princess CD, so we got to listen to "A Whole New World" on our trek back to the house.
The girls and I drove home last night and have spent the day falling in love with this sweet, little girl. She is a perfect fit. We are hoping for success with potty training before we move into the new house... Wish us luck!!! That chewing is going to be another issue all together.
This month marks a year since we lost Margaret. The thought still brings a lump to my throat, but we have so many fond memories with her. Havik got a spunk back in his step that we haven't seen since he lost his companion. We watch him with Jazmyn and recall those same type of moments from when we brought him home to Margaret. Life does always come full circle.

4 comments:

Taunya said...

She is so cute! And looks a lot like Margaret. I still think "Rita" will be there to greet me when I come to visit. I miss her too!

I'm glad Havik will have a new friend to play with. I'm sure Jazmyn will create as many memories for the girls as Margaret did for all of us.

:)

Anne said...

The Soko's love Jazmyn too. A little ball of fur. Will she be called Spazy Jazy when she is chewing. Can't wait to watch this process...since we hope to follow you with a puppy of our own soon.

Lindsay said...

What a cutie!! Have fun with her!

Stacy B said...

Oh My Gosh! When I saw the title I thought for sure I'd click and see a Golden puppy! She is so cute! I am happy you found her and am sure she'll help break in the new house :o)