Thursday, April 10, 2008

Dinner with a friend...

Last night I had the pleasure of dining with one of my most precious friends. She is beautiful, bright-eyed, and never misses a thing. She remembers the tiniest details from our past adventures. She is always willing to help me when I am in need, often spoiling my girls by giving in to their every whim. We rarely leave her house without being showered with gifts including offers of prized possessions. She loves the outdoors and spending time with her friends and family. My friend always brings a smile to my face and joy to my heart. My friend is seven.

During our dining experience a group of severely disabled people came into the restaurant. This can be disturbing for young children, but not for my friend. She studied the group as they were coming in and beginning to eat. Her response was, “It must be hard helping them walk and get around. I could take care of them when I grow up.” She has already captured my heart, but that was the icing on the cake. Her heart is as big as the moon and I know she has a future caring for people in need, that is just the cloth from which she is cut.

My friend, Grace...

4 comments:

Anne said...

To know is to love! That is my Grace. Obviously, I love all my gilrs. Each has their own unique strengths. If I could bottle Grace's compassion and generosity and sprinkle it over the world...wow, what a different place it would be. I am thrilled that you, too, have been sprinkled by the goodness of Grace.

Stacy B said...

I am sitting here crying. What a nice post. We could all use a little Grace in our worlds!

Ronda said...

It is hard to read all the words when there are tears running down my face! What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl has already impacted the world!

Lindsay said...

Do you share your friends... because I want to be her friend too!!

Great post... and great little girl!!