Wednesday, January 16, 2008

No More Tubes!!!

Kyndra visited "silly" Dr. Wiggly yesterday and he really brightened our day... He removed the tubes from Kyndra's ears. We got to watch a magnified image of Kyndra's ear as he reached in and took them out. It was kind of gross in there :) She was really brave... no fussing, I only wish brushing her hair was so easy. We are so excited to be done with earplugs for swimming. I absolutely never mastered putting those crazy things in and we weren't keeping her out of the water. We had actually lost the earplugs last week, so we were so relieved to NOT have to replace them. The audiologist did find that she has shallow hearing??? I need more information about what that means, but she assured me there was no reason for concern. I think the next process we will beginning with Kyndra is going to involve orthodontia. She will get a palette separator this summer and much more to come in the future. We are told the palette separator will put an end to thumb sucking.

We spent the evening shopping for a giraffe, because her favorite giraffe is packed and she has "G" sharing on Friday. She was really sad... every once in a while and I do mean only once in a while something about our living situation gets to her and tonight she REALLY wanted her special giraffe.

Well I must sign off, because I'm cold and Wife Swap and Super Nanny is on soon... hence my obsession with families.

3 comments:

Taunya said...

Lots of fun blogs to read lately! I'm excited to hear Kyndra is getting the tubes out. I hope I can see you this weekend... maybe Monday?
:)

Ronda said...

I deeply admire you and the family values you and Tony share together. I tell you, once you move into the new house, you may find yourself all wanting to be in one room together...too much space! The adjustment period will happen pretty quickly I'm sure.

Hurray for no more tubes!!
Sorry about the teeth! We know all about money in the mouth!!

Lindsay said...

I have a HUGE appreciation for you guys in "transition" ... living in the trailer! :)

Wish our trailer was a nice as yours :)

Hope you're having a great week!!