Friday, January 25, 2008

Bothersome Boots

I was inspired by Stacy's hot wheel in the boot story to note another "something" in the boot story I had just experienced. A little boy in my class who regularly complains about EVERYTHING... even tending to use colorful language when he does complain came to school in his snow boots the other day. He was having a really great day until about midday when he started asking to take off his boots. I told him he really should leave them on, but he said that "no" he in fact was going to take them off because they were bothering him. I quickly decided this would not be the battle for the day and watched him remove his boots only to take out a chicken leg bone. We both started cracking up. He thought his dog had probably buried it there. It was a great moment to share with this kid.

3 comments:

Taunya said...

Thats hilarious! I love it when a chicken bone makes your day! :)

Stacy B said...

I was NOT expecting that when I started reading! So funny!

Ronda said...

OH NO!!!!! Too funny! At least you could laugh about it!