Tuesday, January 29, 2008

From bad to worse

Anne told us... she really told us, "A really big storm is coming in, you may want to rethink your travels this weekend." Well seriously how many times have we been warned and just went anyway... those weather guys are never right. It was Tony's last weekend off for the next six months, so we said what the heck AND the weather reports for Saturday morning weren't "that" bad. We started out Saturday morning and had no troubles until we had just about reached Troutdale and BAM!!! dead stop for an hour. We passed all sorts of spin outs and fender benders, but we started out again and made it with only an hour delay. We thought well if that is the worst of it, no biggie. We enjoyed a great birthday weekend (to be blogged on a lighter note) for Kyndra's birthday. Sunday morning we went to Tony's Grandpa's birthday and were pretty nervous to get on the road. We didn't stay long only to walk out to a completely flat tire. Oh man, we can't have delays!!! Tony and his dad fixed the tire with some flat fix and so we could make it to Walmart where we were denied help, because we had done the temporary fix. Tony still wanted to hit the road and just depend on the can of flat fix, until we limped from air station to air station. I called my boss and said I really am stranded. We went back to Tony's parents and had a really nice night. I later heard that Pendleton schools were closed, so I was pretty relieved to not have to spend an entire snow day trapped in the trailer. That was about when it got WORSE... four hours and fifteen minutes was how long we were trapped in our Honda Civic (with its third new bumper due to my fender bender) behind a seven car pile up. The entire trip took nine hours. Anne gets a big I told you so, but I figure that completely covers our quota of gorge travel troubles for the next ten years or so.

View in front of us...



Similar view to the rear...



Girl on the edge in the back seat...


Boy REALLY on the edge way to close to me in the front seat (I had to draw the line)...


Kylee is always on the edge so this was really over the top...

3 comments:

Anne said...

You know I love an 'I told you so' as much as the next guy...but there was NO PLEASURE in being right this time. I would have way rather been wrong. I would have shared my sink with you and we could have bird watched together!

Lindsay said...

So, so thankful that you made it home safely!! Looks like the car ride was sooooo much fun!

Have a great day!

Ronda said...

That storm was something else! At least you were all together even if it was "on the edge"! So thankful you are all safe!