Sunday, December 30, 2007

This Christmas...


Trailer living didn't curtail our holiday cheer. The girls and I spent the first part of our holiday catching up with friends that we hadn't got to spend time with in too too long. Tony was working working working. Sunday morning we headed for the valley at 6 A.M. That day Tony sort of caught up on sleep and the girls played.
Christas Eve was a whirlwind... starting with brunch at Tony's grandpa's house in Scappoose and then a trip my dad's house in Grande Ronde to pick up my Christmas surprise, a little red and white retro scooter, followed by a present opening session as soon as grandpa got home from work. The girls and grandma went to a 3:30 childrens' mass and Tony and I went to midnight mass... both were very very crowded, none-the-less we were able to focus on the reason for the season. Christmas morning was magic as the girls delighted over their stockings. My dad, Matt, Amy, Paul, Zorah, and baby Chloe joined us for ham, scalloped potatoes, smiles, and laughter. Sadly, Tony had to depart the next morning. The girls, grandma, grandpa, and I caught the new Chipmunk movie. It was hilarious. At one point Kylee lept out of her seat and started shaking her booty to the Chipmunk version of Witch Doctor. We all gave it two thumbs or should I say cheeks up:) The next day the girls and I ate lunch with my mom and got to shop at my favorite second hand shop in McMinnville. My mom had been sad over the holidays, but I think the girls cheered her up. We spent that afternoon at aunt Amy's in Newberg. Our last day on retreat was spent touring the Pittock Mansion in Portland which was decorated room by room with fairy tale decor. After our tour we dined at Papa's Pizza with the giant indoor play structure. We got up early on Saturday and went out to IHOP...yum yum yum... and then drove to the Dalles, where Anne picked us up and brought us home. Tomorrow Tony and his police brood are playing football against the affectionally labeled hosers (firefighters). Tackle and all, I guess if you want to get pummeled in your brittle thirty to fifty year old bones a group of paramedics is a good company.

Life is good!!!

4 comments:

Taunya said...

I can't wait to ride that bad boy!

:)

Anne said...

Me first!!!!

Lindsay said...

How fun!! Can't wait to hear how that game turns out :)

Happy New Year Nelson family!! :)

Ronda said...

What?? A scooter?? And red no less!! Way to go!!

What a fun filled Christmas season! Sorry Tony had to work so much.

BTW, how was the football game?