Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Only Ones

Tonight was one of those nights when I felt like we were "the only ones"...

We are going up with a group from church in the morning to get Christmas trees at Tollgate, so we went to church tonight. I am really excited, because Kyndra is completely in love with snow and Kylee thinks she is ecstatic to go to the mountain... I think she will feel differently when she realizes there is even more snow on the mountain and she refuses to take a the teensiest, weensiest step in the snow. Anyway...

Tonight at church I felt like we were the only ones who...

-had to remove their two year old in the first ten minutes for excessive talking and pointing at the elderly people behind us
-had to keep checking for very smelly false alarms in the same two year old's diaper
-had to dry their four year old's tears, because she fell on her bottom as we were running through the parking lot in the ice in order to get home (and back again) to turn off the oven so we didn't burn our trailer down
-had to remove a beligerent drunk from the second to the last pew as he was yelling racial comments and swinging his arms (obviously Tony)
-had to yet again remove the two year old after she fell and hit her head on the pew in front of us... producing a really big dent (in her head, not the pew)
-let their four year old wear her very clunky snow boots to church
-had to offer the sign of peace to people who really didn't seem to like us
-were wearing jeans and sweatshirts because our laundromat schedule is off and it was that or snow pants
-make sure and shake hands with the priest to ensure we were still welcome at the parish
-have these things happen when the bishop is visiting our church
-have these things happen when parents of children in your class are looking on

I am sure we are not the only ones, but it sure felt like it tonight.

4 comments:

AmyP said...

I am totally giggling as I read your blog. Funny because it is happening to you and not me! But your descriptions are so great, I felt like I was there.

Can't wait to hear more about the drunk. That should score hime some major points with father!!

Amy

Ronda said...

Oh Athena, I am trying not to laugh because my throat is still so very sore!

Some days are just like that...then you go to bed and wake up to a new day! Hope the tree cutting was as much fun as Kyndra was hoping it to be!!!

Stacy B said...

Just know that even though you feel like the only one, you aren't! We are all there with you (but glad we weren't you). hee hee

I've been making Christmas presents and came across these quotes that fit this post:

Children are the proof we've been here... they are the best thing and the most impossible thing.
-- Allison Pearson, I Don't Know How she Does It

My name is NO NO but grandma calls me precious.
-- Author Unknown

Hang in there.

Lindsay said...

You are not alone. I think I was there 2 weeks ago... in fact... I'm sure I was.
What a great thing to document though... to look back on and giggle, smile and remember what life was like in December 2007.

Hope you're having a great week!