Sunday, December 16, 2007

Construction Update

I haven't blogged in forever due to the frigid, arctic conditions in our garage/ living room/ gym/ play room/ Tony's closet/ office. Today was pretty warm and we were able to heat the space to about 54 degrees, so I am catching up.

We have actually had progress on our house. It has been really fun the last few days as they have taken the forms off of the foundation and put in the floor joists. Our current hero is the excavation guy. He is really carving out some cool yard areas for us and has done some backfill that has covered some gigantic concrete walls that we were worried would be u-g-l-y. We are super excited about the cellar/ basement area that we ended up with as a bonus. It was really the random space that was created since we couldn't dig down as deep as we had originally hoped. It turned out to be a fabulous thing... 700 sq. foot of usable space. Were not exactly sure what for yet, but something cool... someday.


The girls sitting on the front porch.


The girls standing on the future BBQ porch.
Those are the floor joists for the entire main floor.


The girls and I looking through the wall of our bonus basement.


Under the house...soon to be plumbed and ducted for heat.

On the next update it should really look like a house. I'm told the framing really doesn't take too long. We aren't totally anxious to finish, well let's be honest we are, but we seem to be pretty content as long as we are seeing progress.

The girls and I are spending Christmas vacation with Tony's parents. We have written Santa and let him know we will be at a temporary address this year. We even get to have daddy on Christmas and Christmas Eve. It has been a long time since he has been off. We know we are blessed with wonderful friends and family to support us through this house building business. While trying at times it just hasn't been bad. I have a lot of new heroes.

Well my fingers are just about frozen to the keyboard... time to head into the trailer.

Just a few pictures that make me smile.


Kyndra after riding the holiday train at Oaks Park in Portland.


The train was a little much for Kylee too.


Excuse us while we enjoy our Thanksgiving dinner with our cousins Paul and Zorah.


Truly our best attempt at Christmas card pictures... we bagged the idea. Kylee is in "that" phase where anytime I want a staged picture she will do everything in her power to foil my plan. I still think they are cute as can be in their party dresses.

4 comments:

Ronda said...

So fun to see the progress on your house! Hip hip hooray!!!

I think you should still go with the Christmas picture of the girls!Too cute!

Happy Holidays to your family!

Stacy B said...

Great pictures. It's nice to see some walls going up on your house. If you ever want to come over and hang out to warm up you are more than welcome!

Taunya said...

I've been waiting to see your next blog. (Although I was thinking it was your winter break already, since it is mine!)

I'm so excited to see the house looking like a house. I can't wait to come and see it with my own eyes. If only your girls didn't always want to come and see me... :)

See you in a few days!
:)

Lindsay said...

Yeah for construction!! Hoping your Christmas was wonderful with those precious girls of yours!!

Blessings!