Thursday, January 14, 2010

Half Way Through...

Well, our pantry challenge is going well. I'm not sure if Kylee would agree. She has missed a lot of dessert due to plates full of food that she has turned her nose to. We are talking kid type food, not brussel sprouts or lima beans, nonetheless she has a very picky palette. This may be how our freezers got so full. Our menu had gotten quite limited. At a glance it hardly seems we've made a dent in the rations, but at month's end I am hoping to fit everything in a small freezer, so we can defrost and discard those items that just aren't going to ever make the cut. I have had to completely block it out of my mind that wildly awesome sales are flying by me... I even recycled a $10 Safeway coupon (torture).

Tonight Kyndra is sick and I told her I thought I may need to go buy her some medicine. She got really worried that we wouldn't "win" the challenge if I went to the store. I assured her medicine didn't count.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I am so glad you are using your great deals. I think we are going to keep getting better at the game and end up buying less of the yucky stuff that gets shoved to the back regardless of how good of a deal it is...