Saturday, April 3, 2010

Still Here...

The Nelson family is still here :) A dinosaur of a computer and a few months with obligations every night and every weekend had my plate a bit too full to find the time to wait ten minutes for pictures to download and such. Visiting the blog world had to take a back seat for a few months. Today I sit at my T-Rex (named DELL), coffee mug in hand, with no obligations for this Easter weekend. I am ready to refresh and reflect.

Tony and I were Thing 1 and Thing 2 for a costume trivia night...Fun, Fun, Fun


The girls are enjoying Tae Kwon Doe... they are orange belts now :)


Kyndra loves 4-h. Here she is working on her butterfly pillow case with Anne.



Kylee busy with play dough. She is hearing much better since she got her tubes in and her adnoids out last month.


I got a new bike. I named her blue. The plan is for her to take me on many family bike rides. In other words I do not plan to join Tony's intensity for biking. We are going to ride 14 miles in the Portland Bridge Pedal family ride this August.


Here is speedy Miss Kyndra. Her bike is named Pixie. She has nearly outgrown her with her 3 and half inch growth spurt this winter. She still leads the pack on our rides along the river levee. You may notice Gray behind her. She is our new Suburu wagon that we love. No more riding at my feet in the Honda for Jazmyn the Dog.


Kylee and daddy take up the back of our family pack with Kylee on the trail-a-bike named Blackie. Tony's bike was named Stinger by the girls.


Here stands the magnificent fort that Tony made for the girls. Kyndra calls it her secret lab.

Complete with a pulley for getting items to the top. Kylee really is happy about it... I swear.


Kylee loves messy buns these days. I just think she is adorable with the double bun look. She is growing up too fast.

Kyndra grabbing a rare moment of relaxation during the last few hectic months.

First breakfast of the camping season. We had an awesome time at Silver Falls State Park during spring break.

Kyndra is sporting some serious blisters on her hands from her monkey bar obsession. She loves these things and is getting really good. I mostly love that this was a tough task for her to overcome, but she kept getting up every time she fell to try again. Now she is proudly "skipping bars".


Awwwwww... Love you girls.


All too soon we will be looking at her senior photos... gulp.


This smile makes my day!


Happy birthday daddy and grandpa on a very rainy day camping.

We love our cousins so much!

Swimming lessons are over and we only have a few things on the calender for the next couple months of weekends. The plan is to garden, garden, garden. Tony has made two raised beds and is going to finish up preparations for the garden this week. Yeah!



7 comments:

Anne said...

Phew...that reminded me exactly how busy you have been lately. Remember your old hobby of 'sittin'? I think those days are gone for a while. You have been rolling with this hectic schedule like an ole pro! I must be rubbing off on you a little. :-)

Taunya said...

Glad you caught up on the last month. It's fun to see the highlights.
:)

Lindsay said...

well ...
I love the {catch up} this post gave.

I love that you've had such amazing time in your {nest}!

I love that your girls are growing into beautiful young ladies!

Enjoy the rest of April ... it's bound to be filled with blessings ~

Unknown said...

Athena, it was sooo great to see you the other night :-) I have been telling people about how excited I was to get to spend the evening with you ever since! I am pretty sure Malcolm thought I was crazy for going on and on!!

I tried to text you the next day, but apparently I don't have the right number... can you give me a call or test so I have your cell please? 541-314-5398

Hope you are having the BEST day, Neely

RADIO NUR FM said...

hello...

ruzzel01 said...

Nice to hear from you again. I love to hear some stories.
gray hair remedy

Ron said...

nice your site thanks for sharing love you all team good work keep it up

Hacking Softwares
Facebook Hacking
Password Hacker
Facebook Hack Password