Wednesday, November 19, 2008

To Grandmother's House We Go...

Last weekend I raced out the door from school, zipped to pretty school (Kylee's word for pre-school), loaded up the girls and began the LONG LONG LONG awaited trip to grandma's. Tony was already in the Portland area, so it was just the girls and I making our way the only way we know how... crazy. I ever so safely was taking pictures of the looney toons girls behind me as I was driving and they began to recognize the signs of getting closer to grandmas.




As soon as we arrived the baking began. Those pies had to be prepared that night in order to be ready for our early Thanksgiving dinner the next day...




Presto, beautiful pumpkin pies and bon bon cookies...
A quick little turkey place mat project thanks to crafty aunt Amy...
A lovely dinner with the cousins...
Followed by story time with Grandma...
More baking...Last minute turkey sugar cookies for the ride home...

A much quieter ride home...

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

How fun!! love all the photos - they definitely tell the story ... and the last one just makes me grin!!

Thanks for your comment today - and it was a better day today - not the best, but better :)

Blessings -

Stacy B said...

That last picture is just the best. They are crashed! What a great weekend you guys had. I wish we could do just buzz over to my parents house for the weekend.

*sigh*

Anne said...

Uh...I didn't get any turkey sugar cookies, what gives? Looks like fun was had by all, as usual.