Saturday, July 12, 2008

Breakthrough...


Tony and I are not known for our organizational skills (at all). We are pile movers and spend way too much time looking for things. We really were hoping to change our ways with the new house. Unfortunately most days you would stop by our house it would not be tidy; as I write I see sticky pancake dishes, books, barbies, remotes on the floor, lots of cups, paper all over the desk, laundry, that crazy seashell Kyndra is always carrying around, an empty cereal box a mere three feet from the trash, etc. etc. It just doesn't seem like I will ever be tidy. My wise, dear friend Taunya says in the very least everything should have a place. I do think we have accomplished that. When I see someone pull up in the driveway. I can frantically put things in their place and do some decent tidying in under a minute. It is no longer a matter of hiding in the space that I think they won't be going... well maybe a little of that, but not much. It still doesn't look perfect, but that just isn't me or us and I am fine with that. The last part of our house that needed places for disheveled items was the basement storage area. Tony got out his measly tool collection and whipped out these shelves and work bench. I am so proud of him!!!

4 comments:

Stacy B said...

Great job Tony! Those shelves go all the way to the ceiling! Just perfect. Organizing the storage area is something that needs to be done at our house, too. I am going to show Joe this design.

Lindsay said...

Does he work for cookies?? ... I could use some shelves too :)

Anne said...

Go TONY. I'm impressed...now if I could get Marc going on the laundry room we could really celebrate big!

Taunya said...

It looks awesome down there! Those shelves are great, but they may need some labels. Maybe I should send my Tony over with his label maker! :)

Everything looks so great at the house... the basement, the yard, the girls playing tennis! Can't wait to see you!!