Saturday, February 16, 2008

Trendsetter

Tony called me one day and said, "I never care about being the first to do anything, but I want to be the first in town to have the new Share The Road license plate." I suppose since his job entails a lot of license plate gazing he would know.

Biking is one of Tony's many hobbies and probably his most controversial. He rides his bike to work every possible day he can and let me tell you walking into a police department in "tights" isn't an easy thing to do. It's not like he can even sneak in because he uses cleats that clip into his pedals. When he enters that back door of the police department and taps his way across the concrete floor the satire begins. He takes it like a man (in tights), as he knows he dishes out plenty of grief.

He put on his new license plate the day before a big four-wheelin' trip with some guys. He rode to the cabin with his chief and when they arrived at the cabin (they had to four wheel in) mention was made of his new plate. His good friend looked at him and said, "Please, Please don't tell me you have a license plate with a dude wearing spandex." He proudly declared he most certainly does.

He did however almost send it back, since at quick glance it looks like it reads DORX.

2 comments:

Nelson's Nest said...

I don't like to say that I wear "tights." I prefer to think of the clothing as the "required uniform" of a bicylist. I heard way too many comments from my co-workers, so I decided not to wear the “required uniform” any longer. I still hear about my shoes though. -Tony

Anne said...

OUCH...plates w/a dude in tights...that reads DORX...doesn't get any better than that! I KNEW when I read about the plates that Tony would HAVE to have them. So biking requires tap shoes and tights...interesting. :-) Hee Hee.