Sunday, February 17, 2008

Baaaaaa...

The girls and I spent yesterday afternoon with friends visiting a sheep ranch. I still can't get over what a great time we had... definitely a cherished memory. Kylee was quite scared at first. She instantly turned to me with her arms up, "But Pea, But Pea (up please)." Tony's voice kept ringing in my head... don't pick her up, she has to get through it, so I resisted and she ended up having a blast. She got really brave and I do recognize had I picked her up that would have been it, her feet would have never touched the ground. Upon pulling up to the barn we were greeted by LOTS of dogs, adorable puppies included. I would have bought one then and there had they not all been sold. I love working dogs!!! I could have watched them all day. We started out visiting the sick lambs in the hospital and then walked through the barn and viewed a timelime of babies from really newborn to the outside pens where they were frisky and chasing each other. We saw chickens and horses too. What an experience... Kylee keeps talking about the "daddy sheep" and Kyndra has mentioned the "hospital" several times.



The Hospital, "it's okay baby, what are baby lambs called again?"...



Just out of the barn, maybe I don't need my passie...


"These mamas still need to have their babies"...


"Kylee, look at those babies chasing each other, how do they know which one is their mama?"...


Heading towards the sunset, "Maybe we can find that mama that is just about to have her baby, look one is 'laying down' because she is tired."...


"Check out this hole, one of those really cool dogs dug it, it is super deep"...


"Sheep pum (come) here right now!!!"...


Baby McKenzie and Kyndra loved the horse... Kylee wanted NOTHING to do with petting a horse...


"The daddies"...

3 comments:

Taunya said...

How fun! My mom is here and really enjoyed seeing new pics of the girls since the only pics I have of them are about a year old. Do I get any new ones? While I'm asking, can I get a pic of Tony in his "tights"?

Anne said...

Sooooo cool. I'm with Kylee...I can always skip petting horses. I like animals to be shorter than I am.

Do you think this girls would ever want to mutton bust? I'm guessing not. I do think Grace would be up for it though!

Lindsay said...

What fun, what fun.
Your next "field trip" can be to see our baby calves :)