Thursday, February 28, 2008

My favorite sound

I still have a smile two hours after hearing... really hearing my favorite sound this evening. My favorite sound is Tony reading to the girls at bedtime. I sat down, closed my eyes and listened... there is truly nothing sweeter to my ears. The sighs, moans, and groans of getting the most perfect "spot". The shrieks of "Daddy I get to pick first"... "No, my turn!"... "How about we read them in the order they are stacked". The demands for the necessities of storytime... bears, pacifiers, blankies, and the usual menagerie Kyndra lugs around; right now that is a sea shell, a horse, a dinosaur, and a stuffed Rudolph. Anyway, after all is settled and Tony begins life is good... it doesn't get any better. I love to listen to Tony's voice as he reads... it is endearing as a daddy and reminds me of all the reasons I married him. Reading to the girls is miles away from his daily grind at work... it is the perspective he needs after dealing with what he deals with. The girls' giggles and questions are the truest innocence I can imagine experiencing. These are the moments to cherish.



Some... just some of the many favorites. I would say "Going on a Bear Hunt" is the current ultimate favorite.

3 comments:

Stacy B said...

I also love it when Joe does this part of the night time routine. It's nice to just sit and listen. I love your part about the things they haul around, same goes at our house hold. Great slide show!

Anne said...

I have a different version..Going on a Lion hunt...you must borrow it...for Tony to read. I'd love to see what the girls think about the other version. I admire Tony and the time he spends with the girls.

Ronda said...

Lon reads to Landon at night also. We truly are blessed with great husbands!