Monday, January 5, 2009

Spreading Their Wings...

Playing games all by themselves with the exception of the occasional need for a referee (Thanks to Taunya for the super sized Candyland game, it's a hit).


Taking creative liberties with hair styles.





Doing more and more cooking (usually with just a little help from Grandma & Grandpa).




And the biggest news for the Nelson fledglings is they now have their own rooms. We thought some personal space was in keeping with our theme of 'Freedom'.







With only half a dozen cries for mommy and daddy, one snuggle session each, one little sister sneak into big sister's room, one night light, one hall light, numerous windings of the jewelry box ballerina, and lullabies playing on the CD player they slept cozy as could be in their own rooms.

5 comments:

Suzie said...

I'm so glad your girls get along so well. With some of your postings your girls remind me of how well ours get along.

PS: Yes, we went to the hockey game together a couple of years ago. Tony knows my John from work.

PPS: www.thegrocerygame.com is where I learned to save LOTS on groceries. :D Another site is www.couponmom.com

Anne said...

I am sooooooo tickled to see the girls growing. Now I'm a little worried about that spreading the wings bit...did you have to push them out of the nest. :-)

Also, so what did Kyndra have in the backpack when she was baking?

Love the Monkey Slippers...and the hair bows...and the grins...and

Taunya said...

I'm so glad the girls are loving Candyland! I love the pics of the girls in their own beds... especially the pic of the monkey slippers next to the Kyndra's bed. I'm glad she likes those too.
:)

Stacy B said...

I get the biggest kick seeing what my girls will come out wearing, or how their hair is done. Some people probably wonder how I let them out in public wearing what they wear. The thing is, they don't care, and if they don't care, why should I? I am just happy they are doing it themselves.

Your girls are so cute and have such great personalities. I was grinning just seeing our Kyndras swimming next to each other last night. Good times!

Lindsay said...

OH my goodness ... so grown up!!

Here's to spreading their wings ... and FREEDOM! :)

I have a banner for you ... just email me and I'll get it to you.