Monday, May 31, 2010

Grocery Triatholon...

Now I know why I have turned down two recent requests to join friends on either a marathon or a half-marathon. All this time I have been in training for a triatholon and this morning I completed it with my Barbie toting, pj wearing, chocolate doughnut eating team... aka Kyn & Ky.

Three hours forty-five minutes later and a lot of blood, sweat and tears we have Race Car Cart Cycled our way through Safeway... heads held high, smiles on our faces, feeling pretty good... Sprinted through Albertsons... starting to breathe heavy, legs burning, getting antsy for the finish line... and finally the worst and final leg BARELY keeping our heads above water in the swim through Walmart... a lot of switch backs due to the crazy remodel, trouble concentrating, heads hanging low, weren't sure we were going to make it.

But, make it we did and I am cozied down for a day of HGTV and the girls are ready for a day of Barbies and Roly Poly (potatoe bug) ranching. I did just get a report that "Big Guy" Roly Poly may be ready to see the light. Time for another funeral and burial. I will console the mourners and put away the 20+ bags of groceries during comercials.

5 comments:

Anne said...

I have yet to complete my Triathlon this weekend. I dread it! I would also consider it part AMAZING RACE since you had a team 'helping' along the way! As much as I don't like the shopping... I actually LOVE putting the groceries away. It is satisfying filling an empty(ish) pantry.

Lindsay said...

LOVE it! :) This made my day!

Unknown said...

My friend Ulrike recently completed 30 linoprints in 30 days, posting each print on her blog. That project became an exhibition at Sheffer Gallery a few weeks ago.

Unknown said...

My friend Ulrike recently completed 30 linoprints in 30 days, posting each print on her blog. That project became an exhibition at Sheffer Gallery a few weeks ago.

Unknown said...

My friend Ulrike recently completed 30 linoprints in 30 days, posting each print on her blog. That project became an exhibition at Sheffer Gallery a few weeks ago.