Sunday, October 11, 2009

Just The Family...

I just realized that this weekend was spent solely with my family. We didn't hang out with anyone, besides ourselves. I just read a wonderful blog about being content and that is just what I am right now. It must take a 48 hour dose of two adorable, loving, little girls and a fun, considerate husband.

We...

~had our first family movie night, seriously, that I can remember anyway. Tony does not sit still for the length of a movie, ecspecially not a kid appropriate movie. We were able to captivate him with Monsters vs. Aliens. We all started out cuddled on the couch, but needed our space about halfway through (around popcorn and M & M time).

~hung out (the girls and I) at school for three hours while Tony slept. I got my classroom library reorganized by genre. Today I picked up camp chairs for my reading corner (I really hope lice don't like camping chairs).

~BBQed chicken and made twice baked potatoes for a lovely dinner for four. I was sad that I couldn't remember where exactly everyone sat. It has been too long since we sat down for a nice family dinner. We used to never miss... time to slow down.

~dressed the girls in matching pumpkin shirts and went to Tri-Cities to let Kylee pick out her own birthday present. She choose a pre-school teacher Barbie set and a baby nursery doctor Barbie set. We dined at Red Robin and hit Costco and the Mall.

~read books, drew pictures and watched cartoons.

~did lots of laundry and a smidge of other household chores.

~went to church.

~heard I love you about a million times!!! and got oodles of kisses and hugs!!! The girls are so generous with their love... what a blessing!!!

I have to remember to pencil in these family weekends... I do think they are good for the spirit. Next weekend the girls are going to spend the weekend with grandma and grandpa ALONE. I usually always go, but they are ready to go by themselves. Tony is working both days. It is going to be so weird... I am guessing I will cry. At least we will have just had this weekend that was "Just the Family".




3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend!! So happy that you got to spend it {together} ... have a GREAT week too!

** Love the drawings ... so precious!

Anne said...

Fun times and great memories. Remember when you used to have to plan 'going out' weekends. The girls so little that most weekend were spent working around nap times? Busy seems to be the name of the game these days and I think it is a wonderful idea to set aside that family time.

Mrs. G said...

I am so glad you got to have some family time! Not being able to have it in so long does make you appreciate it even more when it does come around. I will be thinking of you this weekend as you are home alone - it will be much harder for you than them!