Saturday, April 18, 2009

Outside...

We've been doing a lot outside lately, which for me means I completely abandon all my responsibilities inside. I just can't figure out how those superwomen do it ALL. Needless to say I just haven't been blogging.


We have been having a lot of fun with springtime outdoor projects. Our list includes...
  • Planting a little mini orchard (a plum, a pear, a peach, and two apple trees)


  • Planting blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries


  • Putting in our little pumpkin patch


  • Tilling and preparing (including dog proofing) our little attempt of a garden


  • Planting shrubs and putting down grass seed... which I have been obsessing over watching grow little by little


  • Aerating the backyard


  • And making a really really really long wish list of things we wish we could do... someday.
To Tony's personal list I would add BIKING, BIKING, BIKING. He is gearing up for a charity ride in May called "Reach the Beach" and he has set a 3000 mile goal for the riding season this year. Do I wonder if he will make it??? Absolutely not, he is way too determined to not reach it. I am hoping Kylee's current strongwilledness grows into that same brute determination.

One of my least proud moments lately has been sending Kylee to pretty school like this...




Yep, that's right BARE FOOT. I, of course, was running late, so her wonderful teachers put her in a pair of socks for the day and sent me on my way. She had gotten into the car herself and I didn't notice her lack of foot attire when I was buckling her car seat... OOOPS!

One of our most proud moments lately was watching Kyndra participate in the annual Lincoln School Egg Drop Contest. Her egg survived, which was exciting, but even more exciting was watching her support her friends whose eggs didn't make it. She is truly a tender heart.

Well time to get back outside... today's plans include pressure washing YEAH!

3 comments:

Anne said...

I can't wait to share in the 'harvest' of all your hard work. Grow garden grow. Also-you could have 'forgotten' far worse accessories...and it wasn't snowing or anything. :-)

Mrs. G said...

Yeah for outside projects! I think it is so fun to "create" areas outside that you can watch grow and change. Post some pictures - I would love to see all the changes!

Taunya said...

I wonder where Kylee gets her barefootedness??? Do you think she takes after her mom at all?
:)